Silvercreek Gliderport is a club owned airport east of the St. Louis, Missouri that specializes in sailplane flying and flight training. SGC host a beautiful 4000′ by 200′ grass/turf runway which is one of the largest in the Midwest. Great place for a weekend fly-in or somewhere to work on your grass runway skills. Come joins us on any weekend that the weather is nice!
FAST FACTS – Silvercreek Gliderport (3IL1)
Airport Name: Silvercreek Gliderport
Airport Identifier: 3IL1
Unicom /CTAF: 123.3
ASOS Weather: None
18/36 – 4000′ x 200′
Turf in Good Condition – Left Traffic for 18, Right Traffic for 36
- Heavy glider activity (without radios) on the weekends.
- Avoid flying over houses in pattern.
- We have a 200′ wide runway, but the hardest turf is just west of center.
- During glider activity, clubhouse and amenities are available.
- Glider training available upon request